Logistics efficiency worldwide
How efficiently can countries ship their products around the globe? What are the influencing factors and how can we improve efficiency in Logistics? For all the answers to these questions, there is one comprehensive infographic!
The Logistics Performance Index ranks 160 countries on the efficiency of international supply chains. The graphic differentiates Supply Chain leaders, the laggards, the movers and takes a closer look at the indicators that divides the logistics performance of the160 countries.
Before moving over the infographic, let’s take a look at what exactly determines logistics efficiency:
1. Supply Chain reliability. This is a key determinant of Logistics performance. It is more important than the speed of delivery. Many shippers are willing to pay a premium for a high degree of certainty on when and how deliveries take place.
2. Infrastructure. For this research, over a 1000 logistic professionals rated infrastructure in each region. ICT and Airports generally rated high. Rail, warehousing and transloading rates low.
Logistics Sourcing and its influence on overall efficiency
How can e-sourcing contribute to the overall Logistics Performance?
There is still enormous opportunity in the transportation industry to make a spectacular leap to the next level of logistics efficiency. Communication flows between shippers and carriers, data exchange, rate negotiation, and levels of automation are just a few aspects of daily logistics operations that still hold room for improvement. Besides that, freight billing and invoicing with automated cost allocation can be made much more dynamic, whether you use a Transportation Management System, or outsource it to a third-party provider. On top of all, Business Intelligence platforms become an indispensable driver in today’s Transportation and Supply Chain Analytics. Another area in particular which we have identified as a “burning platform” is the area of freight tendertool.ahabr.teching. Within the logistics sourcing environment, there is plenty of room for improvement.
Kiss Excel goodbye
While many companies still make use of the ‘good old’ spreadsheet formula, skilled employees and e-mail /phone communication flows, a world of innovation waits outside, called Logistics e-sourcing.
The benefits of Logistics e-Sourcing
- Reduce overall costs. While saving money is merely a part of the benefits of the benefits, it is still a main driver of e-Sourcing.
- Improve Sourcing efficiency. No more trainings or instruction manuals needed. The Freightender tool is so intuitive that you can start working immediately. Also ideal for companies that have a hard time keeping on to their sourcing talent!
- Gain Analytic insights. Reporting is only clicks away! Don’t get mixed in non-comprehensive Excel data sheets…visualize and predict! Note: Ask about our unique impact-three system that allows you to run predictive analysis on all freight tendertool.ahabr.tech aspects!
- Improve communication flows. No more e-mails and their notorious attachments.Forget about multiple phone calls to set-up and organize your freight tendertool.ahabr.techs. All the communications flow are managed within the cloud-based software.
- Improve compliance and reduce risk. Thanks to the systematic approach of Freight e-Sourcing, companies ar provided with full control over their tendertool.ahabr.tech processes and an audit path for full freight tendertool.ahabr.tech compliance. Freightender has a built-in access level structure, so different roles with different access limitations can easily be set up during the pre-tendertool.ahabr.tech.
- Improve Supplier Relations. Collaborating with your suppliers is a beneficial strategy that is becoming increasingly popular. With Freight Sourcing tools like Freightender, shippers become preferred shippers to work with for Logistics Service Provider. Remember, shippers are not the only one saving time and money in the process!
How to create a Freight Tender with Freightender e-sourcing for Logistics Professionals
The procurement of freight has a critical influence when it comes to logistics costs saving, improving sustainability, service levels and enhancing the overall supply chain efficiency.